General Office Hours:
Tuesday & Thursday
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Construction and Building Division is through a Shared Services with Beachwood. If you need a permit for the following, please contact Beachwood Building Department at 732-286-6000 ext. 218
- Electrical Permit
- Plumbing Permit
- zoning permit for
- Swimming Pool
- New Construction
- Accessory Building
All other permits are issued through the South Toms River office at the above stated hours.
If you are purchasing, selling or renting a home in South Toms River, please fill out the Online Certificate of Continued Occupancy form.
If you own a vacant home, please fill out the Vacant Property Registration
- Online Certificate of Continued Occupancy application
- the issuance and inspection of all construction permits, both residential and commercial;
- Certificate of Occupancy
- the review and issuance of tree removal permits;
- Housing Resale Form
- Housing Rental License application
- Truth-In-Renting Form
- Canvassing – Door to Door (see here)(including Do Not Knock Registration)
- Vacant Property Registration